Dace Motor Company Limited, which is a company that trades as Dace Car Supermarket, Dace Specialist Car Centre and Dace German Car Centre (We), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Dace Motor Company Limited of Greg Street, Reddish, Stockport, SK5 7BS.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us in person at our premises, by filling in forms on our site www.dacemotorcompany.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and debit/credit card information, personal description and photographic identification, and any other information relevant to us being able to assist you in your required purchase.
Information we may collect about you
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (often known as sensitive personal data). This information does, however, include the likes of your name, address, email and contact numbers.
In our role as a credit intermediary, we may, if you require our services, also require information from you to facilitate your credit application to one or a number of our panel of lenders. This information will include your date of birth, employment details, banking details and income.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data]. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Why we need it
We need to know basic personal data in order that we can communicate efficiently with you while you consider purchasing a vehicle from us. Once you have purchased a vehicle from us, we will require this information to generate an invoice, which will form the legally binding agreement both parties are entering. If you request for us to arrange finance on your behalf, we will collect further information from you, in order that our lenders can make a fully informed decision as to whether they agree to accommodate your finance application request.
What we do with it
All the personal data we hold will be processed by our staff in the UK and only ourselves and our platform providers, currently companies called Clickdealer and Cox Automotive, will have access to your data unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide it to anybody else. Should our platform provider change during the period we hold your data, the new platform provider will have access to your data.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
More specifically we use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) if you have consented to this. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us directly at email@example.com
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- any of our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (Judge Service; finance houses, a list of which will be provided prior to confirming a finance proposal, should it be relevant to your interaction with the company) where this is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us or any of our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Dace Motor Company Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to contact you for marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
Where we store your personal data
All information is stored securely. Information stored in physical form is stored in secure cabinets whilst in use, and in secure cabinets in a locked room once archived. All information you provide to us in electronic form is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we keep it?
We will keep your data during the period you are considering purchasing a vehicle from us. Should you not purchase a vehicle within 3 months or inform us before that point that you no longer wish us to correspond with you about a vehicle, your personal data will be destroyed. If you purchase a vehicle from us, we will keep your data until the end of our financial year (31st May), 7 years from your date of purchase. If you consent to receiving marketing material, any material we send, will only be sent until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive it.
We regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, is safely archived or put offline.
Your rights under GDPR
The right to be informed
The Right of Access
You have the right to make a written request to access your personal data. This includes a description of the personal data, the purposes for which it is being processed, recipients, retention periods and the right of rectification, erasure, restriction and objections.
We will not charge you for providing you with details of the information we hold about you unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, when we will charge you a reasonable fee, based on the administrative cost of providing the information. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with multiple requests for further copies of the same information.
The Right to Erasure
You have the right to request that businesses delete the personal data that they hold on you in certain circumstances.
The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing in certain instances such as: when accuracy is contested, if processing is unlawful, if data is no longer required, pending a right to object action.
The right to object
You have the right to object to processing on the basis of situations such as 'profiling' and or behavioural marketing.
Your Rights Marketing and Mailing Lists
We may contact you via email, text, phone or post with marketing related offers and updates. You can unsubscribe from this marketing at any time by informing us by reply.
Dace Motor Company is Trading Standards Approved, FCA authorised company and as such we work to a strict complaints procedure. Therefore, we meet the highest standards when collecting and using information. However, if you do have a complaint, please bring it to our attention by writing to us at our registered address.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office by writing to it at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephoning 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745, sending a fax to 01625 524510, or by completing the online email message form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or the online complaints form at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
What we would also like to do with your data
We would like to send you information periodically about our products, services and promotions, by post, email and text. If you agree to being contacted in this way, when you contact one of our branches, you will be given the opportunity to inform them of this.
Telephone monitoring system
Dace Motor Company currently operate an internal telephone monitoring system. This monitoring system is only used to record internal calls between Dace Motor Company staff members. Arrangements are being made to develop this system to recording external calls in the future. Once this external call recording system is in place, calls to and from Dace may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Prior to any recording, callers will be informed that a recording will be taking place. Callers may request at any time that call recordings are paused or cancelled prior to any discussion that they do not wish to have recorded.